While many facilities provide nurses with access to free continuing education units (CEUs) to keep their licenses current, you may not have that luxury as a travel nurse — or you may find yourself between assignments and realizing you need some CEUs before your license expires. Check out this alphabetical list of continuing education sites for nurses:
- American Nurses Association. The ANA offers more than 70 continuing education classes with various credit hours for nurses of all specialties. Association members receive free or discounted classes, as well as access to conferences or webinars and a streamlied certificate renewal process.
- CEUFast.com. Subscribers to this site get unlimited CEUs for $29.95 per year — and many courses are free as well.
- MedPageToday. Members of this physician and nurse education site can take advantage of free CEUs from MedPageToday’s educational partners, such as the Multiple Sclerosis Virtual Education Academy. You can also earn free credits by reading various articles on the site.
- Medscape. Nurses get free access to continuing nursing credits and development courses when they register, as well as the latest research, medical reports and career information.
- Nurse.com. Check out more than 650 continuing education classes, organized by the state nurses are licensed in, with instant CE certificates. Nurses who sign up for the unlimited CE program receive free state-required courses and 50 percent off courses longer than 1.5 contact hours.
- PearlsReview.com. Preparing for an upcoming exam? PearlsReview has got you covered, with computer-based review programs and an intensive continuing education series that includes live webinars. Unlimited access to test reviews and credits is $69 per year.
- Western Schools. Organized by state, Western Schools offers specific courses that allow nurses to keep their certifications up to date, along with the state’s specific CE requirements and a link to the state’s board of nursing.
Have we missed any of the top continuing education sites for nurses? Which sites do you use?